[apollo] Question about loading CDS coordinates
青木康洋
2016-10-06 15:20:57 UTC
Dear Apollo team members,

I installed Apollo 2.0.4 and used "add_transcript_from_gff3_to_annotations.pl"
script to bulk load GFF3 file.
But some loaded CDS coordinates were different from original ones.
Maybe those were recalculated.
How can I load original CDS coordinates?

Thanks,
Yasuhiro
Nathan Dunn
2016-10-06 16:50:58 UTC
By default it should do this since the default apollo variable ‘use_cds_for_new_transcripts’ is set to true. However, we identified a bug:

https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/issues/1297 <https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/issues/1297>

We should have a fix for this relatively soon (and will repost once its merged).

Thanks for bringing it to our attention and sorry for the inconvenience.

Nathan Dunn, PhD
Berkeley Bioinformatics Open-source Projects (BBOP)
Genomics Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Nathan Dunn

This list is for the Apollo Annotation Editing Tool. Info at http://genomearchitect.org/ <http://genomearchitect.org/>
青木康洋
2016-10-07 01:44:03 UTC
Thank you.
That helps me a lot.

Yasuhiro
Post by Nathan Dunn
[...]
If you wish to unsubscribe from the Apollo List: 1. From the address with
In the subject line of your email type: unsubscribe apollo | 3. Leave the
message body blank.
message body blank.
Monica Munoz-Torres
2016-10-07 02:00:29 UTC
Dear Yasuhiro -

I kindly suggest that you please wait just a little longer before pulling
from master. After more discussion within the Apollo development team I
made some suggestions for corrections to the patches that were pushed today.

See here for more details:
https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/issues/1297
https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/pull/1298
https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/pull/1299

We will be able to get back to this tomorrow morning (US West Coast and
Midwest Time zones).

We are working furiously on it, and will update as soon as it is ready.

Thanks again.

cheers,
~moni.
Post by 青木康洋
Thank you.
That helps me a lot.
Yasuhiro
Post by Nathan Dunn
In the subject line of your email type: unsubscribe apollo | 3. Leave the
message body blank.
This list is for the Apollo Annotation Editing Tool. Info at
http://genomearchitect.org/
If you wish to unsubscribe from the Apollo List: 1. From the address with
2. In the subject line of your email type: unsubscribe apollo | 3. Leave
the message body blank.
--
Mentorship Matters!
--

Mailing Address:
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720
Nathan Dunn
2016-10-07 16:47:38 UTC
Yasuhiro,

We have created a final update for this issue with the code released in master. After discussing further the updates are as follows:

- when using the “add_transcripts_from_gff3_to_annotations.pl” script, if you use the -X (uppercase) option, CDS’s are imported as-is from the GFF3 (they are not recalculated). I think this is the only change you needed.

- the default behavior when creating an annotation from evidence (not using the existing script) is to re-calculate the CDS

- to over-ride the default behavior and use evidence as-is without re-calculating, modify the apollo-config.groovy by setting:

apollo.use_cds_for_new_transcripts = true

Let us know you have any questions / comments or if there is a problem with this.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention,

https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/pull/1298 <https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/pull/1298>
https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/pull/1299 <https://github.com/GMOD/Apollo/pull/1299>
"add_transcript_from_gff3_to_annotations.pl <http://add_transcript_from_gff3_to_annotations.pl/>"
青木康洋

[...]